Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 2 Quit Smoking

This is day 2 of my stop smoking blog. Today wasn't to bad. I had several cravings. Some kinda severe. On a scale of 1 - 10. Some of these cravings probably got to a 7. However, they didn't last long. I've been drinking lots of water, been using the dollar general cough drops to help get rid of the urges. Also taking a few deep breaths when a craving hits and holding the breath for a short period really helps.

Another thing. A person can put a rubber band around your wrist. when you get a crave just pull back on the rubber band and let it go. The rubber band will slap your wrist. This will cause your wrist to sting. Gets your mind off of cigs for a few minutes.

I haven't used that technique but once. That was a long time ago. To sum it up. Day 2 is now over. I'm about to go to bed.

Cold turkey method used with lots of water. Takes all nicotine out of your body in 72 hours (For me that's tommorow) Sucked on lots of dollar general cough drops. Took deep breathes and held them when a craving would come on. I'm off to bed. Will update tommorow.

No comments: