Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stop Smoking 1 Month Anniversary

It's been one month since I've had a cigarette. My quit date was March 22, 2008. Today april 22 and yesterday were pretty tough. It seems as if the cravings just don't want to go away. I've been cycling, listening to the self hypnosis cd's, doing the deep breathing exercises.

The cravings for a cigarette aren't that bad. Not as bad as the first week. However, they just don't seem to want to go away. I'm determined not to smoke. If I take just one puff. I've throwed this quit away and all the work I've put into it.

If I could put my finger on the one thing that has helped more in this quit than anything else. It would be the stop smoking hypnosis cd's. I've got links to both these cd's in some other posts here. You can purchase them at amazon.com.

Here's the link to "Stop Smoking In One Hour"Stop Smoking In One Hour

Here's another one I listen to:
Stop Smoking Forever

Both these cd's have really helped and I highly recommend them. If I had to pick a favorite between the 2 it would be "Stop Smoking In One Hour." However. both are excellent. Exercising really helps a lot also. Taking a walk, go for a bike ride. Etc. I believe a person needs a lot of weapons at his or her arsenal to defeat the nicotine addiction.

I've never tried "Yoga. However, I've heard people say that it really helps. Anything to help you relax and take your mind off smoking will help. This quit has been harder than the 4 and a half month quit I did last year. The cravings were all gone by day 30. Not so this time.

I guess the saying is true. Every quit is differentTill next time.

No comments: