Monday, April 14, 2008

Stop Smoking Day 24

I've now on day 24 without a cigarette. Days 22 and 23 were good with hardly any withdrawal pangs or craves. I don't know why day 21 was the worse day of this entire quit. The cravings for a cigarette just wouldn't go away that day.

Today, Day 24 is going good. I've had a few cravings for a cigarette. They have been minor and I've been able to get rid of them easily by taking a few deep breaths.Here's a point to ponder.

How Long Does It Take A Smoker To Become A Non Smoker?



This is just my opinion. I would say 1 year. That's because only 9% of smokers who try to quit smoking are still not smoking at the end of one year. All celebrating for stop smoking at one month is stupid for lack of a better term. 3 months of not smoking a cigarette doesn't make you a non smoker. Neither does 6 months.

I don't say this to discourage you. I just want you to know the truth. The highest failure rate is around the 90 day period. I believe thsi is partly because of all the people that are coming off the "nicotine patches, gums, and inhalers". These individuals have been injecting themselves with nicotine. Which is the very drug they was addicted to while smoking.

Their still getting the drug during this 90 day period. The only difference is they are injecting it and not smoking it. Does that make any sense? LOL. When the 90 days are up and they no longer can use the drug. They relapse. It's a simple concept really. It's true they haven't smoked for 90 days. However, their still getting the drug which is nicotine. During the 90 days they are still feeding the addiction. Not moving away from it.

A smoker will always be a nicotine addict. Just one puff will bring back the addiction. Theirs no time limit in this addiction. It doesn't matter if you've been quit for 1 day or 7 years. Your one puff away from going back to smoking. That's how powerful the addiction is. One puff and you throw everything away. You will be back smoking.

These are just my opinions only. I will say this. Ifyou fantasize about smoking. You probably won't make it to one year. You probably won't make it to 6 months. You may make it to 3 months. Unless you can work up a deep hatred for cigarettes. I don't believe a person can quit long term. As I've previously stated several times.

I've had several quits. All cold turkey with no crutches. I've made it 4 and a half months before. I've been there and done that. I won't ever celebrate being a non smoker until I make it to one year.

No comments: