Thursday, May 1, 2008

Stop Smoking Day 41

41 days without a cigarette. Today and yesterday have been very good. I've thought about a cigarette a few times during the past couple of days. However, They were just weak junky thoughts. I don't even consider them a crave they were so minor. They were easily dismissed.

I know I can never get over confident in this quit. A small junky thought ruined a 4 and a half month quit for me last year. How? The thought went something like this.You've done so well. You haven't had a cigarette in 4 and a half months. Most days you don't even think about smoking. How about taking just one puff and celebrating ? You've conquered the smoking addiction. CELEBRATE !!!. I gave in to that little thought and smoked a half cigarette. Within a week, I was back to smoking about 16 cigarettes a day.

I never went back to my normal amount of 2 packs. I averaged about 16 cigs per day for about a year after the relapse. Or a little less than a pack a day. This quit has been a little harder than last year. However, I have only gained about 3 or 4 pounds this time. Last year I gained about 20 pounds. One thing that has been very unusual about this quit is My concentration hasn't been effected during this entire quit. Maybe a little bit during the first week. All previous attempts I couldn't concentrate hardly any.

I just remembered it's been about 4 days or so since I've had to listen to one of my Stop Smoking Hypnosis Cd's. I don't want to lose this quit under any circumstances. I'm going to list every weapon I'm using to quit using the "Cold Turkey Method."

  • Dollar General Cough Drops (Menthol Flavor) These are great for me. When I have a desire to smoke I Just put on of these cough drops in my mouth. Really cheap also. Get them at any "Dollar General Store" They come in a blue bag. You can also get them in Honey and Cherry flavors. That's weapon number one.


  • The Easy Way To Stop Smoking: By Allen Carr This book is a must read. Look at the reviews on amazon. 5 Stars with about 400 reviews. That's basically unheard of. Purchase this book or see if your library has it. The knowledge contained in this book can mean the difference between being a permanant cigarette addict or quitting completely.


  • Stop Smoking In One Hour This is a book and a stop smoking hypnosis cd. I highly recommend it.



  • Stop Smoking Forever Another Stop smoking hypnosis cd. This cd and the one listed above are the 2 things that saved my quit more than anything else. Without the hypnosis cd's I would have failed many times. They are the most important weapons for me in this quit. Especially during the first few weeks. When I almost relapsed several times. Instead of smoking. I would use one of these hypnosis cd's. After listening to one of them I would be completely relaxed and not wanting to smoke after listening. If you are going to quit cold turkey. I can't highly reccommend these 2 cd's enough. For me, they were the difference between not smoking and total relapse.

    Which one is the best you ask ? They are both great. If I had to choose between the 2. I would pick the "Stop Smoking In One Hour" By: Susan Hepburn. However, that may be because I'm a male and like the sound of a female voice more than a male voice. Both CD'S Work.


  • The Easy Way To Stop Smoking Audio Book This is an audio book of "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" By: Allen Carr Their are 5 cd's in this audio book. It's basically a guy that reads the book for you page by page. So if you don't want to read the book, or dislike reading. You should consider this audio book "Easy Way To Stop Smoking" Same book, just on audio cd instead of book form. I like the book best. Because I enjoy reading. However, this would be great for me if I was out traveling in my car or something. I could listen to the cd's while I drive. These ARE NOT hypnosis cd's.



Those are the tools I'm currently using in my cold turkey quit. However, I'm getting to a point now that I'm using all of them much less. I believe it's been around 4 days since I've listened to a hypnosis cd. I'm using about half the amount of cough drops now that I was using at the beginning of this quit. I've just read Allen Carrs Book once. However, I think I may read it again every now and then to stay strong and not take that one puff that will spell utter disaster.

I'm adding another weapon to my stop smoking arsenal. I don't know why I even ordered this product... but the concept sounds good. What is it? It's an artificial cigarette made by ez-quit. Here's a link.Artificial Cigarette Contains only food additive . can use it like a regular cigarette, except it's harmless. This is more for people that don't know what to do with their hand since it's not holding a cigarette. I don't know why I ordered it. I don't have a problem with keeping my hands busy. This product should be here at my house tommorow.

Their is one more product that I'm border line in ordering. It would only be used in a desperate emergency when all other products would fail. I've preached against some of these products in other posts I've made, and I stand by what I said. Nothings changed their. I'm talking about the Commit Lozenge

As I previously stated. I don't want to lose this quit. These Lozenges would only be used if all other methods failed. If it ever came to that point. Just Relapse Insurance. I haven't made up my mind whether I'm going to order them or not. I think I will. My book is finished now. LOL. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya very nice website!! Guy .. Excellent .
. Amazing .. I will bookmark your web site and take
the feeds also? I am happy to find so many helpful information
here within the put up, we want develop more techniques on this regard,
thank you for sharing. . . . . .

Also visit my website - elektronisk cigaret